Crab Explorers – a range of fun, marine activities for 3-5 year olds. Hands on play with age appropriate toys. Learn about the creatures of our coasts and shores. Stories and songs, ideal for the under 5s.
These activities focus each time on specific animals eg turtles, penguins, sharks, seahorses, seashells. They also bring out further themes such shapes, colours, parenting, camouflage, eggs, who eats who, texture and healthy eating.
Activities can initate language and improve knowledge and therefore cover some of the EYFS outcomes e.g. 30-50 months
Communication and Language
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Understanding the World
- Shows interest in different occupations and ways of life.
- Comments and asks questions about aspects of their familiar world such as the place where they live or the natural world.
- Can talk about some of the things they have observed such as plants, animals, natural and found objects.
- Talks about why things happen and how things work.
- Shows care and concern for living things and the environment